mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Chengwei Yang <chengwei.yang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why I have to set LIBPROCESS_IP for my framework?
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 14:28:35 GMT
Yes, both mesos-master/slave, scheduler use libprocess so far and you can set
LIBPROCESS_IP by set mesos-master/slave opton(--ip).

For scheduler which doesn't export an option to configure LIBPROCESS_IP then you
have to configure the environment yourself.

BUT only when your host not configured correclty.

`not configured correctly` means the local ip that libprocess got from hostname
is incorrect.

See code 3rdparty/libprocess/src/process.cpp:929-935, like below

```
$ sed -ne '929,935p' 3rdparty/libprocess/src/process.cpp
    if (gethostname(hostname, sizeof(hostname)) < 0) {
      LOG(FATAL) << "Failed to initialize, gethostname: "
                 << hstrerror(h_errno);
    }

    // Lookup IP address of local hostname.
    Try<net::IP> ip = net::getIP(hostname, __address__.ip.family());
```

Ensure you have your host configured correctly. You may have to add a line to
`/etc/hosts` like

<external_IP_which_can_be_used_by_libprocess> <the_hostname>

--
Thanks,
Chengwei