mesos-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Adam Bordelon <a...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Apache Mesos Community Sync
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:01:13 GMT
We'll have the next community sync this Thursday (Oct. 15th) from 9-10am
Pacific.

Please add items to the agenda
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit#>
.

We will use Hangouts on Air again. We will post the video stream link
shortly before the meeting, and only active participants (especially people
on the agenda) should join the actual hangout. Others can watch the video
stream and ask brief questions on #mesos on IRC. If you have something
lengthier to discuss, put it on the agenda and ping us on email/IRC to get
into the hangout.

To join in person, come to Mesosphere HQ at 88 Stevenson St and see
reception on the 2nd floor.


On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 9:30 AM, haosdent <haosdent@gmail.com> wrote:

> Got it. Thank you.
>
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:27 AM, Gilbert Song <gilbert@mesosphere.io>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes, community sync is at 3 pm PST today afternoon. Video Link is still
> not
> > available. And here is the link for meeting agenda/notes:
> >
> >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 9:19 AM, haosdent <haosdent@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Do today have community sync?
> > >
> > > On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:59 AM, Adam Bordelon <adam@mesosphere.io>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > Today's community sync video/audio is archived at:
> > > > http://youtu.be/ZQT6-fw8Ito
> > > > The meeting agenda/notes are available at:
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit?usp=sharing
> > > >
> > > > For convenience, today's notes are reproduced below:
> > > >
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >    0.21.2-0.24.1 Patch Releases [Adam]
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >       What’s the plan for how many releases we want to support? BenH:
> > > >       Support at least 3 versions (e.g. 0.22.x, 0.23.x, 0.24.x) for
> > > > which we will
> > > >       do patch fixes
> > > >       Neil: Or support an LTS version + recent releases
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       Separate Release Manager for backports? Joris and MPark will RM
> > for
> > > >       these patch releases, with Adam shepherding. In general,
> > > patch/point
> > > >       releases don’t need to be managed by the same person who did
> the
> > > > original
> > > >       release.
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       Need some guidelines (on the website) for what is a
> > > >       backport-able/critical patch.
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       AI[Adam+0.25RMs]: Expand Release Guide with # supported
> releases,
> > > >       guidelines for critical patches, RM roles/responsibilities
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >    0.25.0 Release Planning[Joris]: Dashboard
> > > >    <
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12326859
> > > > >
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >       Planning a triage meeting for Friday, hope to cut 0.25.0-rc1 by
> > > Sept.
> > > >       23rd.
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >    MesosCon EU [Adam]: Schedule announced!
> > > > http://mesosconeu2015.sched.org/
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >       Register! Attend! Meet cool people! Learn awesome things!
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       Want to grow developer community as well as user community
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       Community voting vs. Program Committee selection?
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >    Mesos Developer Community Sync Frequency to weekly [Joris, BenH]
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >       Rotating time for time zones
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       Weeklys can be video/hangout
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       1/mo can be on-site @Twitter/Mesosphere/etc
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       AI [Joris]: Send out email proposal for times, weekly schedule
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       Proposal: Send each meeting’s notes to dev list (in plain text)
> > > >       afterwards
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >    ReviewBot needs more OS/Compiler coverage [Joseph, Joris]
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >       ReviewBot != Jenkins continuous build
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >    MESOS-3147: Allocator Refactor project kick off, want to discuss
> > more
> > > >    for how we can proceed this. [Guangya, MPark, AlexR]
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >       Shepherd: MPark
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       Reviewer: AlexR
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       working group for this project
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >          members: IBM, ?/
> > > >          -
> > > >
> > > >       Gather more requirement/use-cases in a doc first
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >    [Impromptu from Micheal@twitter] framework dev kit - File a JIRA
> > > ticket
> > > >    and start collecting user-stories so as to understand scope. From
> > > BenH:
> > > > May
> > > >    require user-group at some point.
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >    <jpeach> WRT growing the developer community ... does anyone
want
> to
> > > >    speak about the process of getting a shepherd?
> > > >    -
> > > >
> > > >       <adam-mesos> jpeach: Short answer: email the dev@ list. Long
> > > answer:
> > > >       we can discuss it at the next community sync
> > > >       -
> > > >
> > > >       There will be a talk at MesosCon EU about this as well
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Joris Van Remoortere <
> > > joris@mesosphere.io
> > > > >
> > > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Youtube on-air: http://youtu.be/ZQT6-fw8Ito
> > > > > Speakers channel:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/hoaevent/AP36tYd59qP_P4ac-NwOI7LztI_hBsku54gXqk1DhFGsKkne_cmByA
> > > > >
> > > > > On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Adam Bordelon <adam@mesosphere.io
> >
> > > > wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >> We'll have the next community sync this Thursday (Sept. 17th)
at
> > > 8:30am
> > > > >> Pacific.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Please add items to the agenda
> > > > >> <
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit#heading=h.u1x3j7f3uixf
> > > > >
> > > > >> .
> > > > >>
> > > > >> We will try Hangouts on Air this time. We will post the video
> stream
> > > > link
> > > > >> shortly before the meeting, and only active participants
> (especially
> > > > people
> > > > >> on the agenda) should join the actual hangout. Others can watch
> the
> > > > video
> > > > >> stream and ask brief questions on #mesos on IRC. If you have
> > something
> > > > >> lengthier to discuss, put it on the agenda and ping us on
> email/IRC
> > to
> > > > get
> > > > >> into the hangout. We hope this works better for everyone.
> > > > >>
> > > > >>
> > > > >> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Vinod Kone <vinodkone@apache.org
> >
> > > > wrote:
> > > > >>
> > > > >>> We'll have the next community sync tomorrow (Sept 3rd) at
3 PM
> PST.
> > > > >>>
> > > > >>> Please add items to agenda
> > > > >>> <
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit#heading=h.u1x3j7f3uixf
> > > > >
> > > > >>> .
> > > > >>>
> > > > >>>
> > > > >>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Vinod Kone <vinodkone@gmail.com>
> > > > wrote:
> > > > >>>
> > > > >>>> We'll have the next community sync tomorrow at 3 PM PST.
> > > > >>>>
> > > > >>>> Please add items to agenda
> > > > >>>> <
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit#heading=h.u1x3j7f3uixf
> > > > >
> > > > >>>> .
> > > > >>>>
> > > > >>>> Thanks,
> > > > >>>>
> > > > >>>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Joris Van Remoortere
<
> > > > >>>> joris@mesosphere.io> wrote:
> > > > >>>>
> > > > >>>>> Reminder: The Mesos Community Developer Sync will
be happening
> > > today
> > > > >>>>> at 3pm Pacific.
> > > > >>>>>
> > > > >>>>> To participate remotely, join the Google hangout:
> > > > >>>>> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/twitter.com/mesos-sync
> > > > >>>>>
> > > > >>>>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Adam Bordelon <
> > adam@mesosphere.io
> > > >
> > > > >>>>> wrote:
> > > > >>>>>
> > > > >>>>>> Reminder: We're hosting a developer community
sync at
> Mesosphere
> > > HQ
> > > > >>>>>> this morning from 9-11am Pacific.
> > > > >>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>> The agenda is pretty bare, so please add more
topics you would
> > > like
> > > > >>>>>> to discuss:
> > > > >>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit
> > > > >>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>> If you want to join in person, just show up to
88 Stevenson
> St,
> > > ring
> > > > >>>>>> the buzzer, take the elevator up to 2nd floor,
and then you
> can
> > > > take the
> > > > >>>>>> stairs up to the 3rd floor dining room, or ask
somebody to let
> > you
> > > > up the
> > > > >>>>>> elevator to the 3rd floor.
> > > > >>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>> To participate remotely, join the Google hangout:
> > > > >>>>>>
> > https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/mesosphere.io/mesos-developer
> > > > >>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Adam Bordelon
<
> > > adam@mesosphere.io
> > > > >
> > > > >>>>>> wrote:
> > > > >>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>> As previously mentioned, we would like to
host additional
> Mesos
> > > > >>>>>>> developer syncs at our new Mesosphere HQ
at 88 Stevenson St
> > > > (tucked behind
> > > > >>>>>>> Market & 2nd), starting this Thursday
from 9-11am Pacific. We
> > > > opted for an
> > > > >>>>>>> earlier slot so that the European developer
community can
> > > > participate.
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>> Now that we are having these more frequently,
it would be
> great
> > > to
> > > > >>>>>>> dive deeper into designs for upcoming features
as well as
> > discuss
> > > > >>>>>>> longstanding issues. While high-level status
updates are
> > useful,
> > > > they
> > > > >>>>>>> should be a small part of these meetings
so that we can
> address
> > > > issues
> > > > >>>>>>> currently facing our developers.
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>> Please add agenda items to the same doc we've
been using for
> > > > >>>>>>> previous meetings' Agenda/Notes:
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>> Join in person if you can, or join remotely
via hangout:
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/mesosphere.io/mesos-developer
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>> Thanks,
> > > > >>>>>>> -Adam-
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Vinod Kone
<
> > > vinodkone@gmail.com>
> > > > >>>>>>> wrote:
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> Cool.
> > > > >>>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> Here's the agenda doc
> > > > >>>>>>>> <
> > > > >>>>>>>>
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit#
> > > > >>>>>>>> >
> > > > >>>>>>>> for next week that folks can fill in.
> > > > >>>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Adam
Bordelon <
> > > > adam@mesosphere.io>
> > > > >>>>>>>> wrote:
> > > > >>>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > Looks like next week, Thursday June
4th on my calendar.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > I thought it was always the first
Thursday of the month.
> > > > >>>>>>>> >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 9:33 AM,
Vinod Kone <
> > > > vinodkone@gmail.com>
> > > > >>>>>>>> wrote:
> > > > >>>>>>>> >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > Do we have community sync today
or next week? I'm a bit
> > > > >>>>>>>> confused.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > @vinodkone
> > > > >>>>>>>> > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > > On Apr 1, 2015, at 3:18
AM, Adam Bordelon <
> > > > adam@mesosphere.io>
> > > > >>>>>>>> wrote:
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > > Reminder: We're having
another Mesos Developer
> Community
> > > > Sync
> > > > >>>>>>>> this
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > > Thursday, April 2nd from
3-5pm Pacific.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > > Agenda:
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> >
> > > > >>>>>>>>
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit?usp=sharing
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > > To Join: follow the BlueJeans
instructions from the
> > > > recurring
> > > > >>>>>>>> meeting
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > > invite at the start of
this thread.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> On Fri, Mar 6, 2015
at 11:11 AM, Vinod Kone <
> > > > >>>>>>>> vinodkone@apache.org>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > wrote:
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> Hi folks,
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> We are planning to
do monthly Mesos community
> meetings.
> > > > >>>>>>>> Tentatively
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > these
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> are scheduled to occur
on 1st Thursday of every month
> > at
> > > 3
> > > > >>>>>>>> PM PST. See
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> below for details
to join the meeting remotely.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> This is a forum to
ask questions/discuss about
> upcoming
> > > > >>>>>>>> features,
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > process
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> etc. Everyone is welcome
to join. Feel free to add
> > items
> > > to
> > > > >>>>>>>> the agenda
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > for
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> the next meeting here
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> <
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> >
> > > > >>>>>>>>
> > > >
> > >
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit?usp=sharing
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> .
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> Cheers,
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015
at 11:23 AM, Vinod Kone via Blue
> > > Jeans
> > > > >>>>>>>> Network <
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> invite@bluejeans.com>
wrote:
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>    [image: Blue
Jeans] <http://bluejeans.com>
>  Vinod
> > > > Kone
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> <vinod@twitter.com>
has invited you to a video
> > meeting.
> > > > >>>>>>>>  Meeting
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >> Title: Apache Mesos
Community Sync
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>  Meeting Time:
Every 4th week on Thursday • from
> March
> > > 5,
> > > > >>>>>>>> 2015 • 3
> > > > >>>>>>>> > p.m.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> PST / 2 hrs  
   Join Meeting
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> <
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > >
> > > > >>>>>>>>
> > > >
> > https://bluejeans.com/272369669?ll=en&g=mrsxmqdnmvzw64zomfygcy3imuxg64th
> > > > >>>>>>>> > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> ------------------------------
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>  Connecting directly
from a room system?
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> 1) Dial: 199.48.152.152
or bjn.vc
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> 2) Enter Meeting
ID: 272369669 -or- use the pairing
> > code
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> Just want to dial
in? (all numbers <
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > http://bluejeans.com/premium-numbers
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> )
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> 1) Direct-dial
with my iPhone <
> +14087407256,,#2723696
> > > > 69%23,%23>
> > > > >>>>>>>> or
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> +1 408 740 7256
<+1%20408%20740%207256>+1 408 740
> > 7256
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> +1 888 240 2560
<+1%20888%20240%202560>+1 888 240
> > 2560
> > > > (US
> > > > >>>>>>>> Toll
> > > > >>>>>>>> > Free)
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> +1 408 317 9253
<+1%20408%20317%209253>+1 408 317
> 9253
> > > > >>>>>>>> (Alternate
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > Number)
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> 2) Enter Meeting
ID: 272369669
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>  ------------------------------
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>  Description:
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> We will try BlueJeans
VC this time for our monthly
> > > > >>>>>>>> community sync.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> If BlueJeans *doesn't*
work out we will use the
> Google
> > > > >>>>>>>> Hangout link
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> (
> > > > https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/twitter.com/mesos-sync)
> > > > >>>>>>>> instead.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> *Note:* No moderator
is required to start this
> > meeting.
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> ------------------------------
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>  First time joining
a Blue Jeans Video Meeting?
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> http://bluejeans.com/support
<
> > > > >>>>>>>> http://bluejeans.com/support?ll=en>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> ------------------------------
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>  Want to test
your video connection?
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> http://bluejeans.com/111
<
> > > http://bluejeans.com/111?ll=en>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> ------------------------------
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>> ©Blue Jeans Network
2014
> > > > >>>>>>>> > > >>
> > > > >>>>>>>> > >
> > > > >>>>>>>> >
> > > > >>>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>>
> > > > >>>>>
> > > > >>>>
> > > > >>>>
> > > > >>>
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Haosdent Huang
> > >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Haosdent Huang
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message