mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathon Rossi <j...@jonorossi.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: moving Mesos website to project codebase
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 21:33:50 GMT
Adam, I wasn't aware of
https://github.com/mesosphere/mesos-website-container, no none of us tried
building the site in a docker container, but I'm happy to take a look at
that at some point soon. That repo doesn't have a LICENSE file, I'd be keen
to move the Dockerfile into the site directory of the mesos repo so it is
more discoverable and gets maintained as it is a pretty common use case,
thoughts?

Marco, maybe I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but at the
beginning of the day both Dave and I independently wanted to work to
improve the documentation, and with Dave's shepherding we were able to do
much more than I expected. I don't think any of us expected the level of
feedback or the number of votes we got to be one of the winning teams.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 6:48 AM, Marco Massenzio <marco@mesosphere.io>
wrote:

> For community's sake, it's clear now in hindsight that Dave did not do this
> because he cared at all about the site - all he was after was his personal
> glory and the material benefits of a brand new Apple Watch :D
>
> Congrats to the team that won the MesosCon Europe Hackathon: well deserved!
>
> *Marco Massenzio*
>
> *Distributed Systems Engineerhttp://codetrips.com <http://codetrips.com>*
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 7:33 PM, Adam Bordelon <adam@mesosphere.io> wrote:
>
> > +1 to allowing ReviewBoard/Github to manage website patches.
> >
> > It'll require fixing up
> > https://github.com/mesosphere/mesos-website-container to support the new
> > git-based model, but it should actually be simpler in the end. Dave, did
> > anybody try building the website in a Docker container like the
> > above-mentioned? I really don't want to install ruby/middleman/etc. on my
> > laptop.
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Kapil Arya <kapil@mesosphere.io> wrote:
> >
> > > +1

> > code