mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Qian AZ Zhang <zhang...@cn.ibm.com>
Subject Failed to build Mesos module
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:20:10 GMT

Hi all,

I am trying to follow the doc (
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/docs/modules.md#writing-mesos-modules
) to implement a test module, but when I built the module, I got the
following error:
    user1@test1:~/mesos/src/examples$ g++ -lmesos -fpic -o test_module.o
test_module.cpp
    In file included from /usr/local/include/mesos/mesos.hpp:22:0,
                     from test_module.hpp:22,
                     from test_module.cpp:2:
    /usr/local/include/mesos/mesos.pb.h:9:42: fatal error:
google/protobuf/stubs/common.h: No such file or directory
     #include <google/protobuf/stubs/common.h>
^
    compilation terminated.

It seems it can not find the header file: google/protobuf/stubs/common.h. I
see this header file is in the Mesos source code tree, but not in
/usr/local/include/mesos ( I have done "make install" after building Mesos
source code).

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Regards,
Qian Zhang