mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Rukletsov <a...@mesosphere.com>
Subject Quota Design Doc v1
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2015 10:15:42 GMT
Folks,

Jörg and I are working on adding *quota* support to Mesos. Quota can be
described as cluster-wide dynamic reservation. I would like to share the
design doc [1] to gather community feedback early in the design phase.

The doc is work in progress, especially the part related to quota support
in the allocator. We think we can start working on adding quota support to
Mesos Master while fleshing out the design for how quota is handled by the
built-in allocator.

While working on the design, we faced some challenges and design questions.
One of them is what decisions should be deferred to allocator and what can
be decided by the Master. We elaborate on this in the doc.

Looking forward to your feedback!

[1]:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16iRNmziasEjVOblYp5bbkeBZ7pnjNlaIzPQqMTHQ-9I/edit?usp=sharing