mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Christos Kozyrakis <chris...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Re: Virtual Floating specific, or non-specific IP(v4/v6), addresses for tasks
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 00:48:13 GMT
Hi Joe,

100% agreed, we need something like this.

We are working on an open-source design for networking for Mesos with
Project Calico (using project calico and in collaboration with Metaswitch)
but you can imagine also using OVS or your favorite vSwitch or vRouter.
It's difficult to imagine that there will be a one size fits all here but
we should be able to reuse most logic regardless of the network
virtualization scheme used.

We can exchange design notes if you want. From the point of view of the
Mesos community, the most important part to get right is to identify what
are the new requirements for the Mesos master or slave code to support such
efforts. From our point of view, the major missing piece is some way to
support express pools of IPs as globally managed resources and connect them
to offers given to frameworks. Niklas is looking into the design details of
that.

Cheers
Christos