mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Nils De Moor <nils.de.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposing Apache Mesos stand at FOSDEM 2015
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 09:28:16 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the confusion on this one. We are co-hosting a pre-FOSDEM
gathering with the Elasticsearch meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/ElasticSearch-User-Group-Belux-Belgium-Luxembourg/events/218995270/

They have Shay Banon, creator of ElasticSearch, keynoting.
Afterwards we organise a hackathon with BigBoards.io, a Belgian startup,
that builds embedded boxes to serve local Big Data clusters.
The idea is to build support for Mesos into their system.

So feel free to join us!

Nils

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Thomas Jouas <thomas.jouas@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot see the meetup in the calendar, did you schedule another?
>
> Thomas

> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > No problem, we can certainly host a pre-FOSDEM meetup/party on friday.
> > We'll use the Docker Belgium Meetup page
> > (http://www.meetup.com/Docker-Belgium/), which we manage, as a platform
> > announce this gathering, as there isn't a mesos meetup (yet). There is a
> > shared interest anyway.
> >
> > Keeping you posted.
> >

> > Nils
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Dave Lester <davelester@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> To follow-up to this thread since a few folks have reached out to me,
> >> unfortunately this year's Mesos stand wasn't accepted. :( Oh well, let's
> >> make a point to try again next year.
> >>
> >> I have a Mesos talk on Saturday in the IaaS devroom that was accepted;
> I'm
> >> unaware of any other Mesos talks that were accepted but folks should
> >> chime-in if there are.
> >>
> >> Nils, if you're still interested in a potential Mesos
> >> meetup/hackathon/party around the same time as FOSDEM, I'd certainly be
> up
> >> for participating and imagine others would as well!
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Dave

> name

> attracts