mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Cody Maloney <c...@mesosphere.io>
Subject Removing Checkpoint Flag from Slave
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 19:25:19 GMT
Per MESOS-444[1] I'd like to remove the checkpoint flag from slaves,
meaning that all slaves always checkpoint, and all the logic around slaves
which can't checkpoint can be removed from mesos. The flag has been enabled
by default since 0.14.

Working patch for removing the flag from the command line [2].

I'm planning to over a series of following patches slowly remove the
variable itself and all the special logic around it. There are some tests
which depend on the variable which is why that removal isn't part of step 1.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-444
[2] https://reviews.apache.org/r/26275/