mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Hindman <b...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: Mesos Modules Design
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:14:31 GMT

> - create abstract classes to define interfaces to objects that should be
> modular

We're all in agreement here!

- build modules as static libraries that can be assembled at link time to
> create custom Mesos builds

Okay, but unless I'm missing something here we'll still need a level of
indirection to wire everything together. What would that look like?

Also, why ask an operator to go through the extra step of relinking Mesos?
Asking the operator to relink means they'll need a Mesos build environment,
while most folks will likely just have Mesos installed via an RPM (or
similar). I'm not convinced that getting a link error will be a better user
experience then getting a runtime error that cleanly prints out something
along the lines of "Version mismatch: the XXYYZZ module is not compatible
with this version of Mesos".