mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Hamon <dha...@twopensource.com>
Subject Re: Mesos Modules Design
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:03:52 GMT
I'm sorry, but I'm still having a hard time understanding why this needs to
be dynamic.

If the mesos core is split into modules that are built as standalone
libraries (static) then at link time the right combination of libraries can
be bundled together to create the end result. If you want to get even
smarter, we can have default versions that are linked in to the mesos core
as weak symbols so later linked libraries can override the defaults. This
may mean that we move to static linking across the board, but frankly there
are a few benefits to that approach.

With the approach as defined, does this mean that the default versions will
also have to be reimplemented as modules?

Has any effort been put into determining the performance overhead of the
approach as specified?

--
Dominic Hamon | @mrdo | Twitter
*There are no bad ideas; only good ideas that go horribly wrong.*