mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Arnfeld <...@duedil.com>
Subject Mesos/Libprocess API
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 19:45:41 GMT
Hey,

I've started to try and finish off the work @wickman started around pesos[1] and compactor[2]
- pure language bindings for mesos and libprocess in Python. It's currently far from finished,
but have fun into a brick wall around libprocess. If anyone could shed any light that'd be
great.

To start with, I saw the framework register but disconnect immediately. From a quick chat
on IRC someone mentioned this could be related to not keeping the inbound message connection
open, the one that sends mesos.internal.FrameworkRegisteredMessage. In doing this, the framework
does register with the master and shows up in the UI – however no further messages are received
at all. I'm keeping the outbound connection open already.

Mesos seems to think it's sending offers (they show up in the logs and are showing in the
Offers page) but the master never gets past there, and the framework never receives the HTTP
connections. No doubt this is a bug in the socket logic on my end. Struggling to find my way
through the libprocess source to figure it out.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom.

[1] https://github.com/wickman/pesos