mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Reiss <woggl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mesos compilation error
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 20:41:16 GMT
On 6/14/13 13:11 , Milinda Pathirage wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> Adding following to MESOS_SRC/src/Makefile.am fix the link issue.
>
> libmesos_la_LIBADD += -lsnappy
>

> I am wondering whether it is okay to add this to mesos build (Makefile.am).

It appears the dependency is coming from leveldb, which detects libsnappy and
builds against it if it detects it. So, adding that to Makefile.am will
probably break builds on platforms that work now without libsnappy.

A better fix would be to make 3rdparty/leveldb always build without snappy
support or to detect when it has (from 3rdparty/leveldb/build_config.mk).
(Unfortunately, we shouldn't just import the PLATFORM_LDFLAGS from
build_config.mk because leveldb also checks for tcmalloc.)

- Charles