mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: introduction: Adam Monsen
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 04:42:55 GMT
Hi Adam,

Glad to hear that you are interested in Mesos. Please see my answers to
some of your questions inline.

* Anyone have a pointer to a decent "hello world" for Mesos and/or
> cluster computing?

We have several examples under "src/examples" that implement very simple
frameworks (C++, Java, Python) that run on top of Mesos. To run the C++
framework for example, you would do

$ cd mesos
$ mkdir -p build && cd build # optional
$ ../configure && make
$ MESOS_SOURCE_DIR=../`pwd` MESOS_BUILD_DIR=`pwd`
../src/tests/test_framework_test.sh

* What are some of the near-term and far-term goals for Mesos? (for
> instance, I've seen mention of graduating from the Apache incubator)

We want to be the de-facto cluster management framework in the industry :)

> * Is there an IRC channel or other chatroom that Mesos developers frequent?

AFAIK, we don't maintain any IRC channel. This mailing list is the primary
way users/developers interact and
ask questions.

> * Is there an extant list of bite-size Mesos [volunteer] tasks?
>
> The authoritative list of issues are tracked at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aissues-panel

You might want to look at issues tagged as "Minor"/"Trivial", if you are
looking for some place to start!

HTH,
Vinod

Thanks!