mesos-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Hindman <b...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.9.0-incubating (RC2)
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:36:13 GMT
No, I was not planning on including the fixes. I differentiate the log_dir
bug from yesterday as having a much higher impact than these fixes. The
"resource ranges" are a fairly esoteric feature that nobody but Twitter is
playing with (that I know about).

>From my perspective, we are bound to discover new bugs (in fact, there are
others that I know about right now) and if we adopt a strategy that we
won't release until we are bug free than we'll never get a release!

That being said, there is no reason why we can't call another release next
week with this bug fix amongst others, and that's exactly my intention. I
think it would be great to foster a community where we release often.

Ben.