maven-wagon-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SFTP wagon host key requires user input
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 15:17:52 GMT

On 09/09/2010, at 10:46 PM, fhomasp wrote:

> Thanks for the answer,
>
> a quick question about that though before I try.  Won't this deny access to
> my buildserver?

No... you're on the build server, modifying known_hosts which is outgoing.

On 09/09/2010, at 11:06 PM, fhomasp wrote:

> Hmm..  So I set this to yes, how do I record the key?

'Yes' was the default, so no need to set it if you still want to check the known hosts. You
can record the key by performing a command line sftp operation on the build host to the target
host and accepting the prompt so that it is recorded in ~/.ssh/known_hosts for the build server
user. Then Maven will find it in future.

But if you trust the connection, you can safely set the option to 'no' as described and Maven
won't ask regardless.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter