maven-wagon-users mailing list archives

From jhjessup <jhjes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error with pscp on Windows: "Cannot create file"
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 18:07:38 GMT

I encountered the same problem this morning.

I was trying to copy the contents of a remote directory to a local directory
with pscp.exe, with all the options specified on the command line (i.e.,
username, keyfile, etc). The command executed successfully if I entered it
directly, but it would give an error when it executed as part of a script:

scp: <file path>: Cannot create file

I fixed the problem by appending "." (dot) to the destination directory
path.

Original command line:
pscp.exe <options> "remote.server:/source/file/path/*" "c:\local\file\path\"

Corrected command line:
pscp.exe <options> "remote.server:/source/file/path/*"
"c:\local\file\path\."

- Jonathan