maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: webdav wagon changes
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 07:26:14 GMT

On 22/05/2008, at 12:03 PM, Nathan Beyer wrote:

> Currently, my organization is utilizing the default provider, so
> we'll have
> to add additional bits to all of our POMs to take advantage of the
> provider
> that's NOT of the EOL path. The default provider for WebDAV is on EOL,
> correct? Will the jackrabbit provider eventually become the default
> provider?

You'd need to do that anyway to change the version, right?

> I'd be more amenable to Jason's thinking if there was at least a
> loose plan
> for what's going to happen, but frankly I'm still skeptical.

This is the discussion to come up with that plan :)

Sorry, I hadn't seen your other message before I last posted. But this
is what I propose:
- rename to webdav-jackrabbit
- have no -webdav module in the final release
- make sure wagon-webdav 1.0-beta-2 works with the new API, but
discourage it's use

WDYT?

> The wagon
> development/community is so isolated, non-responsive and slow I'm
> skeptical
> of anything going on here. Does wagon development discussion only
> happen on
> IRC?

There wasn't anything going on here. That's why I'm currently going
through all the issues, and posting to the list with anything
controversial.

I hope that if we have a 1.0 release, and JIRA is not full of old
issues that you can't see the forest for the trees, it'll be easier to
respond to patches and such as they arrive. Thanks for the patches you
personally submitted, btw - and sorry we didn't get to them sooner.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter