maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: webdav wagon changes
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 05:23:58 GMT

On 23/05/2008, at 12:49 PM, Nathan Beyer wrote:

>> You'd need to do that anyway to change the version, right?
>>

> I don't know, would you? I'm using a POM with no reference to a
> WebDAV other
> than use 'dav:' URLs in the deployment section, so the provider is
> just
> being chosen for me. I assumed that as I upgrade the core maven tool
> (eg
> 2.0.9 to 2.0.10), updates to the providers would just come along if
> pulled
> in.

Yes, regardless of what we call it that'll be the case. What webdav
wagon gets incorporated into Maven is a separate discussion.

> Before 2.0.9, I was adding this to the build section.
>
>      <extensions>
>         <extension>
>            <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
>            <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
>         </extension>
>      </extensions>
>
> Doesn't that just pull in the latest version?

You're right, I think it does. That being the case, we certainly don't
want to auto-upgrade someone to a different implementation IMO.

>> This is the discussion to come up with that plan :)
>>
>> Sorry, I hadn't seen your other message before I last posted. But
>> this is
>> what I propose:
>> - rename to webdav-jackrabbit
>> - have no -webdav module in the final release
>>

> The final release of what? The core maven package?

Sorry, I meant in Wagon 1.0 (and any preceding betas).

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter