maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal, a wagon for sourceforge repositories
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:12:46 GMT
I didn't see this attached. If it can reuse as much of the existing
wagon implementations as possible, I can see some value in this to
make releases easier - though maybe a separate plugin hooked into the
release process makes more sense?

- Brett

On 13/04/2008, at 11:44 PM, david delbecq wrote:

> Hello,
>
> please find attached a proposed wagon to connect to sourceforge
> repository.
>
> The repository urls of this wagon have the form:
>
> sf://sourceforge.net/project[/package[/release]]
>
> It's able, in such repositories, to upload file (authenticated,
> using sourceforge releases system) and download them
> (unauthenticated). As sourceforge is not multilevel in folder
> deepness (to the opposite of a filesystem), behind the scene it will
> map the "repository + filepath" to a simple package/release/file
> format. The final names will depend on repository configuration (see
> above), but will remain consistent and invisible to wagon user.
>
> It is also able to download sourceforge files, even if they were not
> uploaded using wagon.
>

> Work is based in maven1 sourceforge plugin. Licence is yet to be
> decided.
>
> Any comments / suggestion / flaming are welcomed from list users :)
>
> Note: it's based on old wagon api, because we need it to be working
> with existing maven2 installations.

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/