maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: proposal, a wagon for sourceforge repositories
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:47:56 GMT
Why would you use anything other then the proliferation of options
with normal HTTP.

Why don't you get them to use something more standard so that you can
use what everyone else is using.

On 13-Apr-08, at 8:44 AM, david delbecq wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please find attached a proposed wagon to connect to sourceforge
> repository.
>
> The repository urls of this wagon have the form:
>
> sf://sourceforge.net/project[/package[/release]]
>
> It's able, in such repositories, to upload file (authenticated,
> using sourceforge releases system) and download them
> (unauthenticated). As sourceforge is not multilevel in folder
> deepness (to the opposite of a filesystem), behind the scene it will
> map the "repository + filepath" to a simple package/release/file
> format. The final names will depend on repository configuration (see
> above), but will remain consistent and invisible to wagon user.
>
> It is also able to download sourceforge files, even if they were not
> uploaded using wagon.
>

> Work is based in maven1 sourceforge plugin. Licence is yet to be
> decided.
>
> Any comments / suggestion / flaming are welcomed from list users :)
>
> Note: it's based on old wagon api, because we need it to be working
> with existing maven2 installations.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

-- Unknown