maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From "John Casey" <casey.joh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans for Wagon-1.0 final release?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:02:21 GMT
I think all of these items are great ideas. I think you've done a great job
of summing up the major recurring discussions about improving wagon (not to
mention a couple of good ideas in there that I haven't heard much about). I
wouldn't stand in the way of any of this...except where wagon-1.0 is
concerned.

IMO, most of this list should be developed post-1.0 (whether that's 1.1 or
2.0 is up for debate, of course; this wouldn't really seem to demand a
complete rewrite, which is what I'd expect of a 2.0). I don't see how you're
going to make some of these changes without creating a lot more backward
compatibility issues. If we planned on tackling these things in the
1.0branch, we should have gone through more alphas. IMO, we've missed
our
chance.

I think it's important to remember that the existing wagon api works well in
many cases, and for a large number of users. We should declare this one a
success, and move on to implementing the things we learned from it.

-john