maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Maczka <mmac...@interia.pl>
Subject [Fwd: Re: cvs commit: maven-wagon/wagon-provider-api/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/wagon AbstractWagonTest.java LazyFileOutputStreamTest.java]
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:47:28 GMT
brett@apache.org wrote

>  -    public void transferProgress( final TransferEvent transferEvent )
>  +    public void transferProgress( final TransferEvent transferEvent,
> byte[] buffer, int

Brett!

I am just curious what are the reasons for that change.
When I designed those methods I took into consideration two versions

a) public void transferProgress( final TransferEvent transferEvent )

b) public void transferProgress(  String param1, String param 2.... )

so either all values which are passed to observers are encapsulated
inside the event object
or I am enumerating them one by one.

I finally have chosen a) as it makes the code shorter

It seems that you are trying to do something in the middle.
Why exactly have you decoupled some parameters from the event class and
why only those two?

Michal