maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Maczka <mmac...@interia.pl>
Subject Re: POJO facade
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 06:17:40 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>Yo,
>
>I was trying to think of a name to use for the pojo facade and I was
>thinking about "Conducter". I know a conducter is associated more with
>trains but I don't see why there couldn't be a wagon conductor.

In fact in Polish, French Wagon means carriage (of the train) . In
German AFAIK they use the word Waggon.

Apropos "Conducter"  - In Polish we have a word Konduktor which means "a
person which controls ticket" (particuallry and only in the trains).
French word conducteur (Emmanuel correct my spelling if I am wrong)
means the persons who drives car or train. So here we are quite different!
What's exactly the meaning of this word (Conducter) in English. Is it
the same as Conductor (my spell checker is accepting only second one)?

But I am already + 1 for Conducter :)  (*stationmaster is too long :) )*

Michal

P.S.

Don't take this e-mail too  seriously