maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Conductor facade
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:42:31 GMT
Hi,

I just checked in the most simple start of the POJO facade and was
thinking it would really delegate to the component that encapsulated the
features we would like to expose. By this I mean that the WagonManager
component will be the component that folks grab a hold of to do work
with the wagon components. So really what we need to define is the
interface for the WagonManager, once that is done then we know what the
POJO facade will look like because I believe the API will be the same.

If this is the case then it might be very simple to create POJO facades
for all plexus tools in a similiar way. Either we can generate the
facades or base class proxy of some sort.

Anyway, any thoughts on the API would be useful as they will go into the
WagonManager and then the Conductor facade will be simple to make.

Conductor doesn't have to be the name either, if you guys want something
else we can do that to. Just trying to pick a name that conveys what is
being done.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl