maven-wagon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject publishing artifacts with PUT
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:33:12 GMT
Hi,

I implemented a deployers that does a PUT but I think by default the
webserver assumes that a resource already exists at the location you are
requesting to put the artifact.

I am using Jetty for testing and it is easy to actually subclass Jetty's
standard resource handler to do a little work in creating the specified
directory structure before deploying the the artifact to the specified
server.

I think it would be useful if you could use wagon to deploy artifacts
using PUT and have the directories be created. I'm going to make a
little tool called Meeper for the Maven book which is a little repo
manager of sorts and we could definitely a modified Jetty resource
handler so that PUT could be used in much the same way the scp deployers
work in maven 1.0.

Any thoughts?

I'm going to push in the my changed code later today or tomorrow. I have
http get/put working, ftp get/put working, and I'm going to get the scp
stuff to work with private keys and then I'll push everything in.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org