maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retired Maven Artifact Resolution API (Maven2)
Date Wed, 08 May 2019 18:30:35 GMT
Hi,
+1 from me.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

On 08.05.19 20:25, Robert Scholte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Apache Maven project consist of about 100 (sub)projects. Due to the small number
of volunteers and the huge amount of code to maintain we're missing enough space to make real
progress on all these projects, including our ambitious ideas for the next major version(s)
of Maven itself.
> To be able to gain more focus we need to criticize the current subprojects and decide
if it is worth maintaining.

> The Maven Artifact Resolution API (maven-artifact-resolver) is a shared component that
could be used to easily resolve Maven project dependencies. The last (and only) released version
is 1.0 in September 2009.( https://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-artifact-resolver/ [https://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-artifact-resolver/] ).
> This library should not be confused with Artifact Resolver (maven-resolver), previously
known as Aether. As you can see the naming will cause confusion.
> The library that aims the same goal for Artifact Resolver is another shared component
called maven-artifact-transfer (which by now is not just the transfer part or Artifact Resolver,
but a bridge for both Sonatype Aether as used in Maven 3.0.x and Eclipse Aether as used in
Maven 3.1.x+. This way Maven plugins and extensions can be compatible with any Maven 3 release)