maven-users mailing list archives

From "Golan, Yaron" <yaron.go...@intl.att.com>
Subject RE: Maven local repo in a common global directory for multiple parallel execution
Date Sun, 26 May 2019 14:39:13 GMT
Please remember that you need much bigger disk space as you are duplicating binaries.

-----Original Message-----
From: Debraj Manna <subharaj.manna@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 4:49 PM
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Maven local repo in a common global directory for multiple parallel execution

I have a machine in which multiple parallel maven execution happen . Each execution executes
the below command in a seperate workspace directory

mvn -f main/pom.xml clean package -DskipTests -T 6

Can someone let me know should I use a seperate maven local repo path (
-Dmaven.repo.local=$MAVEN_REPO) for each execution or I can use a common .m2 directory for
all parallel runs? What is the best practice?

   - Maven Version 3.5
   - Java 8