maven-users mailing list archives

From Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [surefire] possible bug: cannot set line.separator in systemPropertyVariables
Date Tue, 07 May 2019 20:49:38 GMT
Hi John,

You must observe the warning in this case:
line.separator cannot be set as system property, use
<argLine>-Dline.separator=...</argLine> instead

The same is with
"java.library.path", "file.encoding", "jdk.map.althashing.threshold",
"line.separator" .

This means that you should not use these property keys in
systemPropertyVariables because setting such ones in here would not take
effect.
These properties do not present in CLI. They are set too late after JVM
startup by Surefire code.

If you want to apply such of these properties and see their effect, you
should use them in CLI, this means in argLine, and this would be then fully
controlled by JVM spec.
I guess you use forking mode (or you implicitely use the default
forkCount=0).

Cheers
Tibor