maven-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Prager <be...@prager.ws>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retired Maven Artifact Resolution API (Maven2)
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 06:28:32 GMT
+1

On 9/5/62 01:25, Robert Scholte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Apache Maven project consist of about 100 (sub)projects. Due to the small number
of volunteers and the huge amount of code to maintain we're missing enough space to make real
progress on all these projects, including our ambitious ideas for the next major version(s)
of Maven itself.
> To be able to gain more focus we need to criticize the current subprojects and decide
if it is worth maintaining.

> The Maven Artifact Resolution API (maven-artifact-resolver) is a shared component that
could be used to easily resolve Maven project dependencies. The last (and only) released version
is 1.0 in September 2009.( https://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-artifact-resolver/ [https://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-artifact-resolver/] ).
> This library should not be confused with Artifact Resolver (maven-resolver), previously
known as Aether. As you can see the naming will cause confusion.
> The library that aims the same goal for Artifact Resolver is another shared component
called maven-artifact-transfer (which by now is not just the transfer part or Artifact Resolver,
but a bridge for both Sonatype Aether as used in Maven 3.0.x and Eclipse Aether as used in
Maven 3.1.x+. This way Maven plugins and extensions can be compatible with any Maven 3 release)

--
Bernd Prager

Mobile: +66.91.770.5758
Skype: bernd.prager@outlook.com
PGP Public
Key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBDA6C225628DB3CD
PGP Fingerprint: 0AA3 952C F211 E98A CD18 9E55 BDA6 C225 628D B3CD