maven-users mailing list archives

From Peter-Frank Spierenburg <spier...@hotmail.com>
Subject How do I break the unit test generated as part of a plugin project?
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2019 14:07:10 GMT
I've created a project using the maven-archetype-plugin archetype:

$ mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=org.example -DartifactId=my-plugin -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-plugin -DinteractiveMode=false

And I would like to understand how the generated unit test (org.example.MyMojoTest testSomething())
works.

To do that, I attempted to change the outputDirectory in the src/test/resources/project-to-test/pom.xml
reasoning that that would change where the touch.txt file would be generated, and thus cause
the test to fail.

However, no matter what I change the outputDirectory property to, the touch.txt file is still
generated in target/test-classes/project-to-test/target/

What am I missing?

Peter-Frank Spierenburg