maven-users mailing list archives

From Kyle Marek <pspps...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage of dependency-reduced-pom.xml from maven-shade-plugin in a multi-module/reactor project
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 00:26:25 GMT
Building the shaded module separately was my workaround for a few days.
My current workaround is to specify the intra-module dependency in my
parent pom under dependencyManagement with a list of exclusions for the
artifacts I am shading into it. Effectively I am manually "reducing" the
dependency set of the shaded module as seen from within the multi-module
project.

However, I think it might be best for Maven to (re-)allow the set of
dependencies listed to reduce after build due to plugins like
maven-shade-plugin. While needing to shade in general is not ideal,
needing to build the module outside of the reactor in addition to
shading is less ideal, especially in a larger project where it may need
to be ordered between other modules to successfully build.

See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSHADE-206
See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5899