maven-users mailing list archives

From Francois MAROT <francois.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage of dependency-reduced-pom.xml from maven-shade-plugin in a multi-module/reactor project
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 21:12:00 GMT
Hi Nikki,

Regarding your question, I'm not sure of what is a "reactor of reactor"...
by 2 separate "projects" I mean 2 different build. Hence 2 different
"reactor".
As I understand it, the reactor is the sum of all Maven modules
participating in the build. Usually in the case of a multi-modules Maven
project, you start the build from the top level module, and all your modules
are part of the same rector. Part of the same build.
I personally like to have one git repository per multi-module Maven project
so we have:

1 git repo --> containing one multi-modules Maven project ⊃ composed of many
modules == one build == one reactor

What is sure is that for the shade plugin to work, you have to make Maven
builds depending on the shaded artifact find this artifact stored in a repo
(whether local or remote) and not reference it as a module inside the
reactor (ie part of the same build).

I hope it helps !

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html