maven-users mailing list archives

From Marco Schulz <marco.sch...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Confusion with Dependency Paths
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2019 18:59:01 GMT
Hi Dennis

I suppose you use a simple Maven Project configuration. May you added the Dependency manually.
Whitout seeing the exact error in the cmd and your pom I guess you added the dependency in
the DependencyManagement section. You need to use the Dependencies section.

regards
.marco

________________________________
From: Dennis Putnam <dap1@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 7:51:20 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Confusion with Dependency Paths

I have a Maven project that was created using Eclipse. The application
is working fine but I am having a problem compiling with 'javac'. I'm
getting the following compile error:

 error: package org.apache.commons.io does not exist

However, the build path contains:

.../repository/commons-io/commons-io/2.5

When I added the dependency I specified:

GroupID: commons-io
Artifact: commons-io
Version: 2.5

That is what is reflected in the pom.xml. I am guessing there is
something wrong with the path but I do not understand where
org.apache.commons-io comes from in the error message. Doesn't that mean
the pom.xml dependency would have to be:

GroupID:org.apache.commons-io
Artifact: commons-io
Version: 2.5

Which it isn't and means a different path then the above and the
explains the error. When I look at the build path in Eclipse the path is
correct. Can someone explain what is going on and how to debug/fix it? TIA.