maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russell.g...@oracle.com>
Subject maven compiler plugin multiReleaseOutput option and previous versions
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2019 17:56:52 GMT
Version 3.8.0 of the maven-compiler-plugin supports a multiReleaseOutput option which can compile
classes directly to the appropriate META-INF/versions/{release} directory, which is very nice.
What I don’t see, though, is how to tell it to use the previous release as its dependency.
That is, given:

src
  |—— main
       |—— java
       |—— java9
       \—— java11

These directories will be compiled to:

target/classes, target/classes/META-INF/9 and target/classes/META-INF/11. But when I compile
that last directory, I want to include target/classes/META-INF/9 in my class path, and I don’t
see an obvious way to do it. It would be great if the plugin realized that this was necessary,
but is there a way to configure it?

Thanks,
Russ