maven-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Putnam <d...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Confusion with Dependency Paths
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2019 13:48:23 GMT
Hi Marco,

Thanks for the reply. Here is my pom.xml:

    <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
      <groupId>KCBSEvents</groupId>
      <artifactId>KCBSEvents</artifactId>
      <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <build>
        <sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
        <resources>
          <resource>
            <directory>src</directory>
            <excludes>
              <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
            </excludes>
          </resource>
        </resources>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <version>3.7.0</version>
            <configuration>
              <source>1.7</source>
              <target>1.7</target>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
       <dependencies>
      	<dependency>
      		<groupId>commons-io</groupId>
      		<artifactId>commons-io</artifactId>
      		<version>2.5</version>
      	</dependency>
      	<dependency>
      		<groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
      		<artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
      		<version>4.5.6</version>
      	</dependency>
      	<dependency>
      		<groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
      		<artifactId>httpcore</artifactId>
      		<version>4.4.10</version>
      	</dependency>
      	<dependency>
      		<groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
      		<artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>
      		<version>1.10</version>
      	</dependency>
      	<dependency>
      		<groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      		<version>1.2</version>
      	</dependency>
       </dependencies>
    </project>

I'm not sure what you mean by the exact error as the part I didn't post
was just the source info. FWIW, here is the exact error:

 [javac] /usr/build/src/KCBSEvents/Helpers.java:36: error: package
org.apache.commons.io does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils;
    [javac]                             ^

I don't think I know what the DependencyManagement section is. I have <dependencies>,
isn't that the correct section?

On 2/3/2019 1:59 PM, Marco Schulz wrote:
> Hi Dennis
>
> I suppose you use a simple Maven Project configuration. May you added the Dependency
manually. Whitout seeing the exact error in the cmd and your pom I guess you added the dependency
in the DependencyManagement section. You need to use the Dependencies section.