maven-users mailing list archives

From Sverre Moe <sverre....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 11 and java.xml.bin, etc.
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 11:55:24 GMT
This is what we have done for our legacy application running Java 8.

By adding the dependencies for JAXB we where able to run our application
with Java 9 and 10 without any other changes needed and still keep
compatibility with Java 8.

We don't have the compile scope, as we deploy with Java Web Start and need
the JAXB dependencies there in case some client is running Java 9+.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.xml.bind</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxb-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.11</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxb-core</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.11</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxb-impl</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.11</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.activation</groupId>
            <artifactId>activation</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.1</version>
        </dependency>

This is the Sun JAXB implementation. There is alternatives from Glassfish
and Eclipselink.

Den tir. 18. sep. 2018 kl. 21:46 skrev Robert Scholte <rfscholte@apache.org