maven-users mailing list archives

From "Oliver B. Fischer" <o.b.fisc...@swe-blog.net>
Subject Re: Differenz between mvn clean install and mvn clean install deploy
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:13:12 GMT
I thought so too but I have a project where calling mvn clean install
deploy causes Maven to use wrong paths for some modules. I think I
should create bug report for this.

Best,
Oliver

Am 18.09.18 um 00:02 schrieb Marco Schulz:
> jupp they have the same result. because. frist both run the clean lifecycle then comes
the build lifecycle wich step through all phases. install is defined before deploy. so you
don't need to call it when you plan to deploy

> keep in mind deploy is a publishing to a remote repository like nexus. you just see effects
when you have the right to deploy artifacts there and they not hurt rhe deploy conventions.

> install is a cipy to your local repository .m2
>
> regards
> .marco

the following commands should have the same result or not: 1. mvn clean install deploy 2.
users-help@maven.apache.org