maven-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Cline <m...@nightrealms.com>
Subject Maven best practices for easily developer tweakable config file
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 14:15:00 GMT
I'm currently migrating from Ant to Maven, and am wondering how to
translate the following:

My project uses java.util.logging.  I have the logging.properties file
the app uses at a particular place.  To see what's going on I'll often
lower the level of a certain class or package in order to get more
logging output, then change it again once I'm done.  Since I'm
frequently changing it, this file isn't tracked by git.  However, I do
have a default version of logging.properties tracked by git.  If the
logging.properties which the app is pointed at is missing, then ant
copies the default version there.

However, I get the feeling that this isn't the way to do things with
Maven.  So what is the Maven way?