maven-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Double copy of XML in POMs
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 08:07:42 GMT
Yes, this is a known issue, see  MNG-6281[1] Up until Maven 3.3.9 this was
never an issue, until we fixed  MNG-6020[2]. Before that Maven stopped
reading after the closing root-tag.
It is very hard to reproduce. One of the possibilities I have in mind is
that the same pom is required twice (either by 2 Maven executions or as
part of the reactor) and that the files are appended.
I still think  MNG-6020 is a good fix: the file must contain valid XML. So
I'd love to see an explanation for this weird behavior and fix it.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6281
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6020