maven-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se>
Subject Re: Cannot Deploy From Jenkins to Nexus maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 not found
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 16:10:44 GMT
Hello again Gary,

My guesswer is no :-).

I’ve personally never been in a situation where there isn’t a version specified for every
dependency, plugin, etc. I’m not sure you are allowed to not specify a version completely.
Yes, it can be skipped on <dependency>…</dependency>, but that is because of
<dependencyManagement>…</dependencyManagement> where complete GAV (Group, Artifact,
Version) is specified for dependencies. This is usually put high up in a parent pom. Then
lower pom’s can just specify the dependency without version. This is to simplify and keep
version management in one place. So I believe that you must put a version somewhere, and that
there are no standard default versions.

If you don’t know what versions are available for some dependency, you can always search
in maven central: https://search.maven.org/classic/. Or if your dependencies are in bintrays
jcenter you can search for packages here: https://bintray.com/bintray/jcenter.

Regards,
Tommy

Från: Mills, Gary (GE Digital) <gary.l.mills@ge.com>
Svara: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Datum: 10 augusti 2018 at 16:22:34
Till: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Ämne:  Cannot Deploy From Jenkins to Nexus maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 not found

Hey Tommy, thanks! Yeah, I get it. I'm really just trying to understand how this all works
😊 .

How does Maven determine the default plugin version to use? Let's say you only give Maven
the order, "clean deploy", Maven goes out and somehow determines to pull down plugin xxx.x.
there has to be something that directs it to a specific base version set?

Gary Mills
Kind Regards,
Cell 630-607-9639
Work 920-390-4806