maven-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se>
Subject Re: Cannot Deploy From Jenkins to Nexus maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 not found
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 07:14:07 GMT
Hello Gary,

I have seen the word LATEST in capitals used as version number, but never tried it myself.
It is in general a good idea to know exactly what version you are using, and do controlled
upgrades to newer versions. Surprises are seldom good IMHO.

Regards,
Tommy

På 9 augusti 2018 till 21:49:41, Mills, Gary (GE Digital) (gary.l.mills@ge.com(mailto:gary.l.mills@ge.com))
skrev:

> this is my environment. java version "1.8.0_181" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build
1.8.0_181-b13) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

> Apache Maven 3.5.4 Nexus 2.14.8-01 Jenkins 2.136
>
> my issue is I cannot perform a mvn clean deploy in Jenkins without it issuing error.
the error:
> The POM for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7 is missing, no dependency
information available [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 or one
of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7
in http://137.27.68.182:8082/nexus/content/groups/public was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ge-ip-nexus has elapsed or
updates are forced

> In Nexus Maven Central, I look in Nexus repo, and under Browse Index, the maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7
exists, however, under browse storage, only 2.8.2 exists.

> I'm not specifying or to my knowledge a specific version and wonder why doesn't it just
use the maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.8.2 ??? instead of the 2.7. and I can't find where the 2.7
is being declared. ??

> thank you any suggestions on how to resolve or explain what the heck is going on would
be much appreciated,

> it keeps looking for maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 when 2.8.2 is available? How can I make
this work? Either use 2.7 or make it use 2.8 ?