maven-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se>
Subject Incorrect documentation examples for test exclusions
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2018 12:30:24 GMT
Hello,

I an into a problem, and found the solution:

My pom started out like this:
        <plugin>
            <version>2.22.0</version>
            <configuration>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/RunBackendTest.groovy</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>

    </plugins>
</build>
This didn’t work in any way!

I copied the pom plugin configuration from this page: https://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/inclusion-exclusion.html

But I finally solved the problem. My pom now looks like this:
<plugin>
    <version>2.22.0</version>
    <configuration>
        <excludes>
            <exclude>**/RunBackendTest</exclude>
        </excludes>
    </configuration>
</plugin>
See the difference ? No extension on test file! But the above referenced maven documentation
examples do include the extensions, which clearly does not work.

From above web page:
Exclusions
There are certain times when some tests are causing the build to fail. Excluding them is one
of the best workarounds to continue the build. Exclusions can be done by configuring the excludes property
of the plugin.

<project>
  [...]
  <build>