maven-users mailing list archives

From lorenzo <lore...@mailbox.org>
Subject Confused about resolution of test-jar to WorkspaceRepository
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 16:51:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on a Maven plugin[0] that interacts with the maven plugin
API v3.3.3.

The problem I'm encountering is that of these[1] two dependencies, the
former is resolved as a belonging to a RemoteRepository, whereas the
latter (the test-jar) to a WorkspaceRepository.

I don't understand why that is. Both are hosted on a remote Maven repo.

Is there something intrinsic in the test-jar type, or the test scope,
that causes the ArtifactDescriptorResult.getRepository()[2] method to
return objects of different classes?

Thanks!
Lorenzo

[0]: