maven-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration testing of command line tools?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2018 06:21:58 GMT
One approach could be to have a main() overload taking an additional
Environment argument to abstract access to environment variables, system
properties, and standard I/O; and returning an int as the possible
System.exit() value.
That way, you can easily stub the environment for tests.
Your standard main() then simply (and only) call that overload with a
straightforward Environment implementation, and then call System.exit().