maven-users mailing list archives

From Miguel Almeida <migueldealme...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Struts 2.3.35 Upgrade - backward incompatibility in s:if
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2018 16:58:07 GMT
We upgraded from 2.3.34 to 2.3.35 in one of our applications, but although
the upgrade is described as backwards compatible, we found a problem in the
UI.

The simplified example is as follows.
*Given* a JSP with:

<s:if test="#scopeValues.contains('Portuguese Things')">
                    foo<s:property value="#scopeValues"/>
</s:if>
<s:else>
                     bar<s:property value="#scopeValues"/>
</s:else>

*And *scopesValues was previously set (<s:set var="scopeValues"
value="scopes"></s:set>, where scopes is a List<String>scopes in the action)

*When* the List<String> scopes has [Portuguese Things, XXX]
*Then *the JSP will print: bar[Portuguese Things, XXX]

If I revert to 2.3.34:
*Then *the JSP will print: foo[Portuguese Things, XXX]

What could be causing this? Since this breaks one of our pages we are now
hesitant on what other places could break after the upgrade.

Kind regards,

Miguel