maven-users mailing list archives

From "Mills, Gary (GE Digital)" <gary.L.mi...@ge.com>
Subject Cannot Deploy From Jenkins to Nexus maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 not found
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 14:22:14 GMT
Hey Tommy, thanks!  Yeah, I get it.  I'm really just trying to understand how this all works
😊 .

How does Maven determine the default plugin version to use?  Let's say you only give Maven
the order, "clean deploy", Maven goes out and somehow determines to pull down plugin xxx.x.
 there has to be something that directs it to a specific base version set?

Gary Mills
Kind Regards,
Cell      630-607-9639
Work  920-390-4806

-----Original Message-----
From: Tommy Svensson <tommy@natusoft.se>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 2:14 AM
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: EXT: Re: Cannot Deploy From Jenkins to Nexus maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 not found

Hello Gary,

I have seen the word LATEST in capitals used as version number, but never tried it myself.
It is in general a good idea to know exactly what version you are using, and do controlled
upgrades to newer versions. Surprises are seldom good IMHO.

Regards,
Tommy

På 9 augusti 2018 till 21:49:41, Mills, Gary (GE Digital) (gary.l.mills@ge.com(mailto:gary.l.mills@ge.com))
skrev:

> this is my environment. java version "1.8.0_181" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build
1.8.0_181-b13) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

> Apache Maven 3.5.4 Nexus 2.14.8-01 Jenkins 2.136
>
> my issue is I cannot perform a mvn clean deploy in Jenkins without it issuing error.
the error:
> The POM for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7 is missing, no dependency
information available [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 or one
of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7
in http://137.27.68.182:8082/nexus/content/groups/public was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ge-ip-nexus has elapsed or
updates are forced

> In Nexus Maven Central, I look in Nexus repo, and under Browse Index, the maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.7
exists, however, under browse storage, only 2.8.2 exists.

> I'm not specifying or to my knowledge a specific version and wonder why doesn't it just
use the maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.8.2 ??? instead of the 2.7. and I can't find where the 2.7
is being declared. ??

> thank you any suggestions on how to resolve or explain what the heck is going on would
be much appreciated,

> it keeps looking for maven-deploy-plugin:2.7 when 2.8.2 is available? How can I make
this work? Either use 2.7 or make it use 2.8 ?