maven-users mailing list archives

From Václav Haisman <vhais...@gmail.com>
Subject Java 9 modules for Maven components for Java 9 based pluggins
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2018 10:59:13 GMT
Hi.

Is there any effort to make Maven Java 9 friendly and provide modules? I
have hit some issues when I was trying to compile a 3rd party Maven plugin
(nashorn-maven-plugin) as Java 9. When I tried to provide it with
module-info.java I got stuck on errors like this:

[ERROR] error: the unnamed module reads package org.apache.maven.plugin
from both maven.core and maven.plugin.api
[ERROR] error: module maven.plugin.annotations reads package
org.apache.maven.plugin from both maven.plugin.api and maven.core
[ERROR] error: module maven.plugin.api reads package
org.apache.maven.plugin from both maven.plugin.api and maven.core
[ERROR] error: module maven.model reads package org.apache.maven.plugin
from both maven.plugin.api and maven.core
[ERROR] error: module maven.core reads package org.apache.maven.plugin from
both maven.plugin.api and maven.core

It seems to me that Maven would need some refactoring and Java package
namespace splitting to get it to play nicely with Java 9 modules.

--VH