maven-users mailing list archives

From D├ęsilets, Alain <Alain.Desil...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Subject maven-license plugin's license-list
Date Tue, 22 May 2018 15:20:40 GMT
This may sound a bit nit-picky, but I need to be 100% about this...

I am using the maven-license plugin to figure out under which Open Source license (if any)
under which I have to license my code.

I am running the 'license-list' goal, and it produces a report that looks like this:

=====

[INFO] Available licenses :

 * agpl_v3     : GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL) version 3.0

 * apache_v2   : Apache License version 2.0

 * bsd_2       : BSD 2-Clause License

 * bsd_3       : BSD 3-Clause License

 * cddl_v1     : COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL) Version 1.0

etc..

=====

I am ASSUMING that this is a list of all the alternative licenses that I could use to distribute
my code under. In other words, this is the INTERSECTION (as opposed to the UNION) of the licenses
that are compatible with each of the individual third party modules, correct? Can someone
please confirm?

Thanks again for bearing with me. The word "available licenses" is just a bit too ambiguous
for my taste and I couldn't find anywhere a more precise explanation of what is meant by that.