maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to hide internal build details from deployed pom.xml ?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2018 04:11:15 GMT
On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 9:24 PM <pierre.viret@postfinance.ch> wrote:

> We have a maven project with many modules and a complex structure. The
> master pom inherited by all the modules is filled up with plugin
> configuration in pluginManagement. I’m looking for a way to hide these
> details from the pom.xml delivered with our artefacts

Bonjour,

This might be as simple as (a) having a grandparent pom.xml with your
corporate information etc., (b) having a parent pom.xml with your plugin
management, and (c) having a child/grandchild pom.xml for your project.

You can see an (arbitrary) example here:
https://github.com/microbean/microbean-helm/blob/v2.8.2.1.0.4/pom.xml#L9-L13.
This is the child/grandchild pom.xml.

Its parent pom.xml is here:
https://github.com/microbean/microbean-pluginmanagement-pom/blob/v5/pom.xml