maven-users mailing list archives

From Mark Prins <mc.pr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: failsafe: proper shutdown on failure
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 15:04:28 GMT
On 02-10-17 12:12, Veit Guna wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm using maven failsafe 2.20.1 to setup my test environment (redis, via fabric8/docker-maven-plugin)
before ITs using pre-integration-test and shut it down on post-integration-test. It works
just fine when tests are succeeding or failing "normally". But when failing "hard" like this:

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.18.1:integration-test
(default) on project crs-it: Execution default of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.18.1:integration-test
failed: There was an error in the forked process
> [ERROR] org.testng.TestNGException:
>
> Due to some class not found exceptions,
>
> or just executing:
>
> mvn clean verify -Dit.test=nonExistingTest
>
> It seems that post-integration-test phase isn't executed properly then, leaving my docker
container still running.

I think the build is halted after the failure, so no further phases are
processed. Using "-fae" (fail-at-end) may help, but I may be wrong.

Mark